In my case the FET failed somewhat gradually. I made several QSOs by
momentarily turning off the transverter power. When I turned it back on, it
came
up in receive mode. Then I'd transmit, power cycle the transverter to
return  to receive, and repeat.

After several such QSOs power cycling would not get the relay to drop  out.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 3/12/2013 8:53:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,