You might want to consider LP-PAN 2. It will not only give you dual receive, but also all the DSP bells and whistles of a Flex Radio and a real time panadapter as well. You would have to modify your K2 to add an IF output jack, but this is well documented and lots of guys have done it. It requires a PC, of course. The display width, and therefore the range over which you can run split is determined by the quality of your sound card, with ~200kHz being the max.

Total cost if you have a suitable PC and sound card would be approx. $300. Email me off list if you're interested in more info.

73,
Larry N8LP

On 3/14/2013 7:12 PM, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:10:34 -0400
From: Stephen Roberts<steve...@shoreham.net>
To:"elecraft@mailman.qth.net Reflector"  <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] Dual receive using the K2. What's the best way to
        make    that happen?

I would really like to have dual receive capability while I'm using my K2 split
for DX. What do you think is the most practical way to approach that without
buying another radio and installing another antenna?

I have an old Kenwood TS-430 available that I was thinking of using for an
additional receive radio. The guys from DX engineering say that I could use a
doohickie that will block transmit signal from the K2 to keep rf out of the
TS-430.  Looks like it would cost about $225.

Is that the way to go?

73
Steve
W1SFR