David,

Yes, the most likely problem has to do with the filter board, and the most likely area of the filter board is the PreMixer bandpass filter.

Is this a 4 band board or a 2 band 40 and 20 board? If it is a 4 band board, you must align 15 (or 17) meters before 20 meters and 30 meters before 40 meters. If it is a 4 band board, be certain you are listening to a 15 (17) meter signal when you peak the receive.

I suggest first peaking the receive with a strong steady signal. If necessary to fine the peak, measure the audio output with your DMM set for AC volts. Once you have aligned for receive, you should be able to get more substantial RF output and will be able to repeak the bandpass filters during transmit.

73,
Don W3FPR
.