OOPs... That should have been Gary, not Don.... sorry

On 3/24/2013 0312, Harlan wrote:
Don
Press (don't hold) the MENU button. Rotate vfoB knob until you see MIC SEL then
rotate vfoA knob to select FP (front panel) or rP (rear panel) . You can press
A/B to select high or low. Press REV to turn bias on or off.
Hope this helps.
Harlan, NC3C

Gary Smith <g...@ka1j.com> wrote:

Don,

I don't know how to find that bias setting. I apparently am not as
good as I used to be when it comes to finding uncommon details.

There are other things I'm not as good at any more but that's another
discussion.

:)

Gary KA1J

Gary,

You should not have mic bias set on for that microphone element and
since that is a low output element, the mic gain range should be set
high (FP.H. if you are connecting to the Front panel jack, otherwise
RP.H).

To set up the mic gain, put the K3 into TX TEST and initially set
the
mic compression to zero.  Then adjust the mic gain to produce 5 to 7
bars on the ALC display.  After than, set the compression as you
desire
(listening with headphones to the monitor may help you determine the
correct setting).

You may try doing the Reference Oscillator calibration.  Strange and
unrelated as it may seem, I have seen that clean up distorted SSB
signals.

73,
Don W3FPR