Hi All,

The recent outpouring of appreciation for Don's help and mentoring is certainly well deserved. I too have been in awe of the time and effort Don puts forth to help others. It's "Herculean"! I can't actually put my finger on the statistics, but I'm guessing that, when someone has posted an "SOS" on just about any Elecraft product (in fact, on just about any problem!), there was better than a 50-50 chance that Don would offer some assistance. Don has a wealth of knowledge and experience, and shares it most willingly. I know, sometimes it may not be exactly what others might suggest, but at least he tries to offer something viable. When he does, it is always from a significantly "informed" perspective. For someone like me, who struggle a bit with all the complexities, it's like finding an oasis in the desert.

Don is on my "must read" list too. I often point out that "I only know what I read", and although I may not know much, I know a heck of a lot more than I otherwise would thanks to Don. It's like getting periodic injections of knowledge to read Don's offerings. "Don Wilhelm's Internet University"! What's great about Don's posts is that he not only gives you a possible answer, he typically tells you why! That's priceless!

I've had the privilege of meeting Don, several times, at Dayton and FDIM. It's opportunities like that which make going there really worthwhile. Don is a very fine fellow, and we are most fortunate to have him as a friend of us all.

Dave W7AQK