KX3 MCU 1.41 / DSP 1.13, 3-26-2013

** AF GAIN SMOOTHER AT LOW END: The AF gain control now has finer
granularity at the low end. To accommodate this , the gain range is now
0-60 (was 0-40).*

FIXED.
This is much much better. Previously my volume was either off, or on at a
comfortable listening level and controllable up to max setting. There was
no smooth transition between off and comfortable listening. This has been
fixed in 1.41. Now it is a nice smooth transition between no volume, very
slight audio and soft audio to full volume.

** INTERNAL SPEAKER BEHAVIOR IMPROVED:  *

ENLIGHTENED and buzz is FIXED

Originally I had no issues with distortion on KX3 #085. Consequently I have
listened with skepticism to all the issues others were having.
HOWEVER, after reading KA9ZAP's report I stumbled on an condition that does
indeed create the dreaded buzz with the old software. (1.34 es older)
I use a 700 to 750 Hz sidetone when I can. ( what the old rigs used and I'm
deaf between 450 and low 600 Hz)
 At volume levels up to and including 28 I had no distortion on ssb/cw.
These volumes were to loud and uncomfortable to listen to but no
distortion on versions up to 1.34. After reading that Art was using 500 Hz,
I lowered the sidetone on KX3 #85 to 500Hz and viola, a nasty buzz above
volume level settings of 25. (ver 1.34)
On the new 1.41 I have no distortion up to the audio limiter taking over.
 (AF LIM nor 30)  If I set the AF LIM to 001  it is not distorted but is
very uncomfortable to listen to simply because it is too loud. It is sort
of confusing to have volume settings to 60 only to have it knocked back to
50 by the limiter. Even with limiter set to 001 I can not get the radio to
hold an overloaded volume. It displays the high current warning and drops
the volume back to a very loud, undistorted 54. Good protection.

** FM DEVIATION AND FM MIC GAIN SETTING BEHAVIOR CORRECTED:*
****
WORKS AS DESCRIBED IN MANUAL

There are several 6 meter FM repeaters located in my area. Using 1.41 all
the adjustment responded appropriately. In tests with locals on the
repeater I could easily adjust the settings to result in reports of "very
low audio"  to "dang Drake, turn that thing down! , your
splattering."  When set by the KX3's instruction manual I got very good
audio reports. Best setting for my voice was, Mic gain of 13. When I
activated the compression it was noticeable to everyone even at settings of
1. Anything above 5 and I got complaints.

** NEW LCD BRT MENU ENTRY:*
**
Works as described. Easy Peasy