From: Richard Fjeld
To: Paul Saffren N6HZ ; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] P3 SVGA; chars randomly omitted during Tx

Paul,

To be specific, a RS232 to USB adapter is connected from the P3 to my computer,
but I do not have the computer turned on when I am doing digital modes using
the SVGA.  I can try pulling this connection at the P3.

The speed I have my K3 set to is 16 wpm.

As to if the missed characters show in the K3 sub display,  I am quite sure
they do not, but I will make sure.  I know I have seen them omitted and the K3
display is the only place I could have seen this.

I catch them being missed audibly as I monitor the tone on CW.   I have had it
happen on PSK31 also, and the K3 display is the only way I would know that.

I hope you can correct it as it makes using the message memories undependable.
In the meantime, I will pull the RS232 connection and try it.  I would think if
it happens for me, it would happen for you.

Rich, n0ce