Hello group:

Last night I installed new NiMH batteries (the Powerex 2700 MaH variety) into
my week old KX3 for the first time and set them for a 12 hour charge. After the
charge was complete, the KX3 PS display indicates a power supply voltage of
only 10.8 volts, which drops to well below 10.0 volts on transmit.

I'm sure that this is lower than it should be. I haven't re-opened the case to
check for bad or ill-fitting cells yet as it is a little bit of a tricky open.

So I guess the questions are these.
1) What voltage have other group members experienced with the internal NiMH PS
after charge?
2) What charge duration are other folks using?

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Steve, N5SKH

P.S. What a great radio...