On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Dick, WN3R <wn3r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have successfully remote controlled my station using Remote Rig, GHE
> Everywhere, and Digi Port Server for RS-232-to-ethernet.
>

> I find that I now miss the convenience of computerized logging where I just
> clicked on the DX spots and it tuned the radio to the correct frequency and
> mode. I used to have my band decoders also select the antennas, but I do
> that manually since I have multiple antennas for the same band.
>

> Does anybody have work around for hooking any computer logging programs to
> the K3/0 when the RS-232 port is used with the Remote Rig?

There are two ways you can go about this. You can either connect to
the COM1 port on the RRC box, or you can use a virtual COM port
through a USB connection to the RRC. In either case, some
configuration is needed in both RRC boxes, to route "CAT" traffic
to/from that port. I don't a RRC setup to look at, but I have set it
up in the past for someone else. I remember having to set the "COM1
mode" to "Mode 7" on both ends, and "Use USB Com Port as COM1" selects
whether you want to use the DE-9 port on the RRC box or to go through
a USB connection. There may be some other settings I'm forgetting that
matter. It's somewhat covered on page 199 of the MicroBit manual...

http://www.remoterig.com/downloads/RemoteRig_RRC1258-MkII_Users_manual.pdf

73,

    ~iain / N6ML