All,

I have pretty much finalized the design of my custom hard cases and covers for the KX3 and I will be debuting them in the Elecraft booth in Dayton on Friday. I have also updated my website with some nice photos of the prototypes made by Ron, AC7AC (thank you very much Ron).

I do have pricing info for the Covers, but I have not completed the pricing for the hard cases yet. I'm actually switching to a local plastics provider here to provide the P-95 matte black acrylic I use for these cases. And it looks like I might be able to get a better price going in on some quantities with a local sign company in my area.

I will also be offering as options for the hard cases, carrying straps and vinyl lettering. I will have various size straps with me in the booth and hoping to get input as to what lengths would be desired. I have machined a small plastic bracket to hold a plastic D-ring. Two of the D-rings are mounted on the end panel of the case. The straps have an adjustable glide and hooks for the D-Rings. Also, working with a local sign company, I will be able to offer vinyl lettering to be applied to the cases. I'll be able to offer everything from the product name i.e Elecraft KX3 to your call letters and or your name etc., in a handful of sizes and colors. I should have solid pricing on these items very soon.

Here are the links to my website.
Dust Cover: http://w8fgu.home.comcast.net/kx3cover.html
Hard Cases: http://w8fgu.home.comcast.net/kx3case.html

I will try to keep up with my email via my phone, so if there are any questions, comments or concerns, please drop me a note.

The covers and cases should be available by the first of June. I will have some covers with me in Dayton and demo units for the hard cases. So, please stop by and say hi and take a look. Hope to see many of you there.

73,
Dave W8FGU