I googled 'flexible conduit' and what I see looks like BX cable -- made out of a single flat piece of metal wrapped in a spiral shape. If this is what you are talking about, it would be AWFUL for this purpose -- it would have a very high RF resistance and so be very inefficient. There are very high currents in the loop and you have to keep the resistance at RF as low as possible -- that's why large-diameter copper tubing is good.

Do you have a link to a picture of the stuff you are looking at?