It's not quite that simple. To be really useful, the KX3 would also have to
support the special protocol we use between the P3 and K3 that keeps track of
VFO frequencies, modes, filter bandwidth, etc. There's quite a bit of firmware
involved. But I agree this would be a nice addition.

73,
Wayne
N6KR