I’m selling my Elecraft K3 for either $2,100 or $2,300, depending on whether I
sell it as-is or send it in to Elecraft first for repair of speaker audio, plus
all relevant hardware updates since June 2010.

K3/100-F  (100 W Transceiver)
KAT3  (Internal ATU with 2nd Ant. Jack)
KBPF3  (General Coverage RX Bandpass Module)
PR6  (Low Noise 6m GaAs FET Preamp, 0.5 dB typ) SOLD
KXV3  (RX Ant., IF Out and Xverter Interface)
KFL3A-400  (400 Hz, 8-pole)
KFL3A-1.8K  (1.8 kHz, 8-pole)
KFL3A-2.7K  (2.7 kHz, 5-pole)
KFL3A-6K  (6 kHz AM/ESSB)

TOTAL COST TO BUILD THIS RIG AS A KIT WITH CURRENT KIT PRICES: $2,979.70
Rounding off to nearest $100: $3,000 new in kit form today.

Pros and cons:

+ Cosmetically indistinguishable from a new K3
+ No physical damage (scratches, dings, dents, etc.)
+ No weird intermittent problems
+ Factory assembled
+ Cool S/N #888
+ One owner (me)
+ Never in a smoking environment
+ Original fracturing concentric knobs all replaced
+ Everything works as designed EXCEPT speaker amplifier
+ 6m preamp included SOLD

- Speaker amplifier non-functional.
     (Elecraft estimate to repair, align, and do all factory mods to present:
$150)
- No hardware mods since June 2010
- Does not have original factory packaging (?) I will look, but I don’t think
so.

(1) I will send it to Elecraft and get it completely repaired, aligned, and
up-to-date if you desire. In this mode, the price is $2,300, UPS shipped and
insured. (REDUCED – was $2,7000). I just checked with Elecraft, and they will
send the repaired/upgraded K3 directly to you. If you want to do it that way,
let me know, giving me your address and phone number. It will be shipped UPS
Ground by Elecraft. If you’re in central CA, you could pick it up there and
save the shipping cost (at the trade-off of the gasoline cost, hi).

(2) I will sell it as-is for $2,100, UPS shipped and insured. (REDUCED – was
$2,450). The speaker amp going out is a common failure mode. Elecraft could
tell you how to fix it and send you the parts. They might want you to replace
the whole board the speaker amp is on, or they may just want you to replace the
IC, in which case you would need to be proficient at SME work. You can talk to
Elecraft about that.

TERMS:
If item(s) are to be shipped, pay in advance by (1) PayPal, (2) Bank Certified
Check, (3) Bank Cashier’s Check, or (4) Wire Transfer of Funds (ask me for bank
details). If you come pick it up in Rio Rancho, NM, you can also pay by cash if
you like, and probably get a discount because of the time and expense it saves
me. Please, no personal checks (not certified) or “bank checks” (not certified)
or money orders of any kind. NO EXCEPTIONS.

>>> Also have MUCH other gear for sale – enquiry brings more details and
>>> prices: <<<

Kenwood TSB-2000 transceiver (“silver box” remote version) including software,
manual, remote
   control head and mounting hardware, factory cartons. Includes 160m–2m @
100W, 70 cm @ 50W.
   Add 23 cm with 1296 MHz transverter (still available at retail). Built-in
satellite mode, repeater mode.
   Outstanding mobile does-everything rig. Includes uninstalled 2.1 kHz 2nd IF
replacement filter kit.

6m SB-220 conversion kW amp, extensively redesigned and hardened, new graphite
matched finals.
   Heavy. Prefer local pickup, but will ship UPS if you pay. I will add close
UPS estimate on to agreed-
   upon price).

DCI 8-pole bandpass filter, 2 MHz wide centered on 50.0 MHz (i.e., 49.0–51.0
MHz). Will handle at least
   400W RF output at flat SWR. < 1 dB insertion loss. Built like a tank. From
Canada. Ideal for 6m station
   in a multi-transmitter contest setup.

ASTRON RS-70M linear power supply (metered, 70A peak). Heavy. Prefer local
pickup, but will ship
   UPS if you pay. I will add close UPS estimate on to agreed-upon price).

Yaesu G450A rotor and controller SOLD

Yaesu thrust bearings (2), need internal clean-up SOLD

Two 5-el 6m yagis, homebrew design (YO), W5WVO modification of Cushcraft (now
MFJ) A50-5S. Pickup
   only (ABQ,NM) SOLD

GlenMartin RT-424 4.5’ aluminum roof tower. Can disassemble & ship UPS, but
real PITA; reduced price
   if picked up fully assembled (ABQ, NM). No top thrust bearing. That has
already been sold, and the
   roof tower didn’t come with it anyway. Separate item.

Wood/steel roof tower mounting platform for flat roofs. No holes in roof! Free.
Pickup only (ABQ, NM).

Mast, 20’ long, 2.0” O.D., 1/4” wall thickness aluminum tubing (not pipe).
Pickup only (ABQ, NM).
   Shipping by common carrier freight (only option) is cost-prohibitive. This
kind of aluminum tubing, if you
   can even find it, is extremely costly (not even considering the very high
truck freight charges). My price
   will be much, much less if you pick it up. Probably save 85-90%.

KENT iambic Morse paddle, British-made. Really smooth. Best I’ve ever used, but
then I never tried a Begali.

Cushcraft R8 HF multiband vertical, virtually new, includes guy kit SOLD

DIAMOND X50NA 144/440 MHz vertical, like new SOLD

MFJ-856 noise sniffer mounted on 3-ele VHF beam (~130 MHz). Meter, headphone
jack, sensitivity control.
   Really works great!

MFJ-259B complex antenna impedance analyzer SOLD

Daiwa CN-801 HP Type Power/SWR meter, 1.8-200 MHz, 0-2,000W, reads avg power OR
PEP (switchable)

Array Solutions StackMatch II for two stacked monoband yagis (switch-select
upper, lower, both in phase);
   modified to include out-of-phase switch position, which switches in 1/2
wavelength coaxial delay line;
   works 1.8-54 MHz. Coaxial delay line for one band only. 6m delay line (~5
ft) included, or build your own
   for desired band. Requires 12 VDC; no wall wart supplied.

AMERITRON (now MFJ) RCS-8V 5-antenna remote switch, outdoor weatherized
switching box. Uses
   6-conductor line like RG-45 (not included}. Supports up to 5 kW at HF.
Confirmed by me to work up through
   2m; definitely no good at 432 MHz. 222 MHz ?? Dunno. Comes with 12 VDC wall
wart, or use your own
   12 VDC station bus.

RIGblaster Plug-and-Play digital interface for specific rigs with necessary
input/output/control sigs
   present on a single connector on rear panel. See their website for list of
rigs and available cable
   adapters. Includes cable adapter for TSB-2000 (above) or regular TS-2000.

Probably more stuff that I haven’t thought of yet. Watch this space.

Respond by personal email, not to the list. Yes, my phone number is listed, but
please, no phone calls unless
invited to call.

Bill W5WVO
w5...@cybermesa.net