From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of mcduf...@ag0n.net
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 3:23 PM
To: elecraft
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 question about cooling

On Sun, 26 May 2013 15:06:25 -0700, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

> The KAT500 may be placed on TOP or under the KPA500.

I wouldn't put it on top.  I can hear fan and air changes if I get within a
half inch of the intake slots with my hand at higher speeds.  You can feel
the air flow considerably at high speed with your hand an inch over the
opening.  That means it does affect the airflow to put something that close.
I don't care if the factory or a manual says you can do it.  I sure wouldn't
run mine that way.

Gary