Brian,

Are you using the K3 Line In and Line Out connectors? If so, the Navigator must be configured for line level output. You can check the audio input in TX Test mode - bring up the audio drive (and the Line In gain) enough to illuminate 4 bars on the ALC meter (that is NO ALC for the K3). The 5th bar might flicker a bit and that indicated the proper level.

73,
Don W3FPR