On 21 Oct 2005 at 4:01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am about to start building and Elecraft kit and note that lead free
> solder is NOT recommended. In the UK it is virtually all lead free,
> does anyone have any experience of using it?
>
> 73's Tom - G4IDL

There seems to be a myth that leaded solder is no longer available.
All of my suppliers (CPC, Farnell, SEME, Chas Hyde and others) still
stock it with no indication they are going to stop stocking it in the
foreseeable future. I have yet to encounter any equipment soldered
with leadfree in my servicing business although I guess some of the
newer stuff does. Plenty of reels of leaded solder in my stock
cupboard and I have not seen yet any need to buy any lead free yet at
four times the price.

Leadfree cynic..

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com