Dave,

That would indicate that the power is being momentarily disconnected from your KX3.
Wiggle the power connector and see if that induces it.
If so, there could be one of two things wrong (maybe more, but these 2 occur to me).
1) You are using a 2.5mm power plug - the proper size is 2.1mm.
2) If you have an earlier KX3, the power jack may not have been glued to the board and one or more of the connections to the solder pads may have broken loose. (I don't know the serial number when the gluing was started).

73,
Don W3FPR