Yes, that is a circuit breaker on the K3 so a fuse probably is not necessary. Of course there would certainly be nothing wrong with using a fuse.

Mike
KI0HA

On 6/13/2013 7:46 PM, PGrig wrote:
I was just looking at my new K3's (#7489) power cable, and see that it is not
protected by a fuse (although I think I saw an instruction to use an in-line
fuse if I connect it to battery power).

I see what looks like a 20a fuse (or breaker) on the back of my K3/100,
although I believe I read that it draws 25a  continuous duty.

I was thinking of connecting my radio either directly to a 70a Astron p.s.
(which will also handle my 50w 2m mobile rig and a variety of other smaller
loads) or through a 25a fused receptacle on a RigRunner, itself connected to
the Astron.

To fuse or not to fuse--that is the question, and what is peoples' experience
with the RigRunner?

    -Paul Grigorieff, N1HEL