Steve,
Virtually any diodes should work in this setting.  If you have volts of RF
on your straight key/paddle/computer keying lines, the change to a
conventional silicon diode with its slightly higher offset voltage won't
give you any freedom from false triggering.  Are you experiencing RF
feedback issues with your existing setup?

I've used 1N4148 diodes in my K2/10 computer keying line without problem for
several years, but that's only because I had an abundance of them in my
parts bin.

73,
Mike, K8CN