There has been a fair bit of discussion about making the SSB net more
accessible to those who have had trouble checking in.  Thank you all for your
input.

This weekend is Field Day, so we will skip the net on Sunday.  Get out there
and enjoy FD.

The following week (6/30/13)  I will try a few changes to the net to see if we
can pull in those we have been missing.  I will start the net as we always do
with a general call for checkins and pick up those that I can easily hear.
After a dozen or so have checked in, I will ask those that hear me well to
stand by while we listen for the weaker (at least to me in Oregon) stations.
Several stations have been steady relays in the past and a few have volunteered
to help going forward.  Those that will help with relays if they are available
include:

John, N6JW, in southern CA
Dwayne, KV5I, in TX
Jim, W4RKS, in AL
Ian, KM4IK, in GA
Someone in the Great Plains if needed

The relays will ask for those I can't pull through, and they will always be
listening for others asking for relays.  After picking up a half dozen or so
stations through the relays, I will go back to asking for checkins that can
hear me.  A bit later we will try the relays again to pick up stragglers.
Hopefully this will allow everyone to check in that desires to.  By the way, I
can rotate my quad; but I cover most of the country well with it pointed due
east from my western Oregon QTH (near Eugene).  I run 500 watts from the
K3/KPA500 to the quad (at 75') with a little compression turned on.  Let me
know how you think this works, or if you have any other suggestions.

73,
Phil, NS7P

Participants  from the 6/16/13 net follow:

Station         Name            QTH     Rig             S/N

W4PFM           Paul            VA              K3              1673
KM4IK           Ian                     GA              K3              281
NZ0T            Bill                    KS              K3              1502
K2SD            Scott           NC              K3              6286
AE6JV           Bill                    CA              K3              6299
K4GCJ           Gerry           NC              K3              1597
VE3XM           Bob                     ON              K3              409
KF5TPU          Don                     MS              K3              7261
W0CZ            Ken                     ND              K3              457
W7LRY           Larry           CO              K3              6347
W4RKS           Jim                     AL              K3              3618
W8OV            Dave            TX              K3              3139
WV5I            Dwayne          TX              K3              5287
K0DTJ           Brian           CA              K3              4413
KE5VDT          Roger           TX              K3              6054
WB6CLZ  Mike            CA              K3              4522
K5OAI           Sam             TX              K3              4123
W1IS            Bob                     MA              K3              6762
K1SD            James           RI              K3              6657
K6SBA           David           CA              K3              565
WB9JNZ  Eric                    IL              IC7000
WN4SLG  Doug            TN              K3              6433
N1RX            Bruce           NH              K3              559
W7NMD           Palmer          AR              K3              3779
K7GED           Dennis          ID              KX3             4218
NS7P            Phil                    OR              K3              1826