I got to be the gota op for the Chama, NM W5YA club. Oh My God! I had a really
good time. Everyone had K3's running 5 watts. This group of hams were amazing.
(Lots of FOC's) and SOTA goats. The speed at which they worked was shocking.
The site was at 8000 ft about sea level up on a ridge that runs north south.
Antennas set up to work east and west. 80 meter loops 40 meter moxons
(electrically reversible) 20 moxons 15 moxons various e x d Zepps 40 loops
verts all battery  and solar, miles from nowhere. The road to the site... Well
it was bulldozed at one time but steep and rocky. Bugs, yes there were bugs,
elk, deer, bear, and bugs. But there were cigars beer ( for those off duty)
cAmping tents vans cook,stoves bugs.
The smell,of fresh coffee in the early am with sound of  CQ FD CQ FD was
intoxicating. True gentleman all.
I am tired, bug bitten but with a new love for Elecraft and N1MM and CW ops.
Thank you one and all.
Phil K5SSR

Non judgment day is coming.

Sent from my iPad