Your probably not making sure the pins are flat when inserting into the
housings. The pin should just snap over the internal SS spring. The pin should
just rest on the spring but not press it down. Look at the business end of the
Powerpoles. If the surface of the silver pin does not stick up above the
plastic face by at least 3/32 to 1/8 inch then take a small screwdriver and
insert it down between the pin and the front of the housing. Bend the pin up
but not so much to make it leave the spring. It should just rest on top of it
with no downward pressure. If you pre-load the spring by pressing the spring
down you will loose some of the holding power. You may have to make this
adjustment on brand new one if the maker didn't pay attention.  I check mine
when they start feeling loose. One sign of miss-adjustment is that there is no
"snap" when they are put together.

For those of you who keep puling them apart, a short piece of 12 gauge bre wire
bent into a U shape and inserted into the two roll pin holes makes a good and
inexpensive locking link. I don't use the roll pins because everyone knows they
will drop out and seek the the one place in the radio where they can do the
most damage. Use a spot of Superglue between the housings when assembling. Why
would you ever want to take them apart?

There is some fine nuances to   PowerPoles and getting them right. Not as
simple as some people might think. But then , what do I know, I've only built a
few thousand of them.

Art - KC7GF
Rfstuff.com

Message: 3