1-The K3/0 mini production date has not been announced yet. But hope it
isn't too far out.

2-There are several cables that have to be switched for the change over. I
need to get the plans for a relay box out of my head and down on paper and
built so that I can do it with software and remotely.

3-If I remember correctly there is one parameter to be changed on the
Control K3, none on the remote. I have just used software on the Control. I
also have the micro PC client that I picked up in Sweden so that all I have
at the Control is a headset, the micro (think USB sound dongle with PTT
button) and the laptop. Makes for a low profile, but the controls are
limited by what software you use.

I work away from home on a 7 on/7 off schedule and thought I would use it a
lot, but as I work 12 hour shifts I find myself mostly working or sleeping
on that week. So I haven't used it in about a year.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:17 AM, William Hein <bill.aa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking at the K3-Remote / RemoteRig system.  A few questions:
>
> (1)  I recall hearing something about a K3/0 with a smaller case.  Was
> this just a prototype or is it headed for production?  The current K3/0
> case must be mostly empty.
>
> (2)  How much work is it to switch the remote (base) K3 from remote to
> local operation?  I see that RemoteRig connects to the K3 serial port.  I
> currently have my K3 serial port connected to a P3 and then from the P3
> serial port to a logging computer.  Would these cables need to be swapped
> each time I want to change from local to remote operation?  How about
> keying and mic lines?
>
> (3)  How does one change the Config and Menu items on the remote K3 from
> local K0?  Does the configuration 'sync' between the two rigs?
>
> 73
> Bill
>

> William Hein, AA7XT
> ex-AA4XT, NT1Y, AA6TT, KC6EDP