To: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:01 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] OT: no CC&Rs and no HOA

I left all that behind in 1979 when I moved north. Better luck finding such property here in Alaska.

I moved from LA to a town of 75 at the end of a 16-mile dead-end gravel road. I harvested 17,000 board feet of FREE timber for my self-built two-story log house (USFS land).
Firewood was just go get it - no permits!

Where I currently live, about 100 miles west of that little town, there is no city gov't, no building permits, no convenants, no zoning, nada! I put up my two 50-foot towers and a 16-foot dish, built a 12x40 foot shed, installed a six dog kennel for my sled dogs, and installed a back driveway without intervention by gov't.

Not likely I will ever move back to "America". Can't afford to. Got no state income or sales tax. No property tax for seniors. And the state gives both of us checks just to live here (Alaska Permanent Fund).

A hot day is 70F!  Never have to water the lawn.
We paid $170K for our 3-bed, 2-bath 12-year old home on 1-3/4 acres.

shhhhh - I didn't tell you!

73, Ed - KL7UW

You got that right!  It's becoming almost impossible to find a new home
without CC&Rs.
We're planning a final move in the next few years, possibly to
KH6-land.  My two challenges to the realtor:  no CC&Rs and no HOA.

73 de Jim - AD6CW

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
dubus...@gmail.com