Kevin -

It has been my experience that blowing air onto a heat sink is usually more effective than "sucking" air. If the heat sink is carefully shrouded and the incoming airflow is properly controlled, then either method is supposed to be effective. However, for uncontrolled or casual situations where you are simply placing the fan on or near the heat sink to be cooled, blowing (hopefully cooler) air onto the heat sink fins is much more effective in lowering the temperature of the heat sink. The reason for this is that the outlet of a fan has a well defined airflow that can be easily directed to where it is needed, whereas the inlet side of the fan will gather air from wherever it can, some or even most of which may not be from the heat sink. Good luck in the contest.

- Jim, KL7CC

R. Kevin Stover wrote:

Hello all.

I'm getting my K2/100 ready for sweeps and have decided to add some aux