On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 15:08:14 -0700, Chris Johnson wrote:

> Does the KPA500 make a much cleaner signal than the built in barefoot amp
> because
> its running at such a higher voltage?

No.  As the other person told you, the quality will not be made better by going
through another amplifier.  Every piece you go through adds to the decline in
quality, albeit probably only a very small amount.

> I'm not too concerned about power efficiency comparisons, because we know its
> not
> more efficient doing it this way. :)

As you said, it is less efficient, as it is not operating within the designed
parameters.  Some amplifiers actually run hotter if you run less than the design
level.  I'm not saying the KPA does at all, just making a point that "some" amps
can actually run hotter when the power is turned down than they do when running
full output.

Gary