Information on the isolation preamp is in the manual, under the "PREAMP" menu
item. You can choose between the 20dB preamp, the 10dB isolation preamp, and
both (30dB).

"Use the 20-dB preamp when possible, since it has a better noise figure and
lower current drain. If you select 10 or 30 dB, the isolation amp is turned on,
adding about 15 mA to current drain." [page 38]

wunder
K6WRU