From: Ariel Jacala

Date: 08/04/13 07:57:01

To: elecraft reflector

Subject: [Elecraft] K2/100 Keying a Drake L-4B

Hi Elecrafters,

I am ready to key my Drake L-4B using my K2/100 but I read from a previous
post:

"If you already have the KPA100, look on the rear panel and you will see an
RCA jack marked "PA KEY OUT" between the ground connection and the power
connector - this will allow you to key your external amplifier directly -
but only if your amplifier has a positive voltage for its keying line. If
your amplifier uses a negative voltage keying circuit (like the Collins
30L-1 and some others) you will need to construct an external circuit to key
the amp. 73 --don n4hh K2/100 #2028 "

Does the Drake use a negative voltage for the keying (line)?

If it does what modification do I need. I installed the Soft-key mod made by
Harbach. I am not sure whether that converts the Drake to positive voltage
keying.

Any help is appreciated.

Ariel