From: "Michael Downs" <k...@verizon.net>
To: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.d...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Front Panel Problem

Thanks Dave,

I tried rotating the four knobs and tapping them. Found out rotating the
knobs works as expected, but the tap and hold functions do not work at all.
None of the other buttons on the front panel work as expected except the
POWER button. Tapping many of the buttons has no effect, but others cause
unrelated functions to execute. For example, tapping the PRE button causes
NTCH to turn on or off. Tapping the ANT button causes NR to turn on or off.
Tapping the SPOT button or AFX button causes the SHIFT/LO control to switch
from SHIFT to LO and the HI/WIDTH control to shift from HI to WIDTH.

This behavior causes me to believe the Parameter Initialization procedure
needs to be activated, but I can't get it to initiate because the SHIFT/LO
control doesn't work as expected. Oops! I just got it to work by holding the
SPOT button while tapping the POWER button. Weird. Anyway, I restored the K3
Configuration but none of the front panels problems have been resolved.