OK, just gotta tell my hearing aids story again.  I told it over on the Yahoo
KX3 group, so if you read it over there, you can just delete this message.

My wife said I wasn't listening to her anymore.  I told her that my hearing
wasn't as good as it used to be, and that I couldn't hear her very well
anymore.  In an effort to prove that I was wrong, she made an appointment with
an audiologist to have my hearing checked.  When the day arrived, the
audiologist, who was a woman, tested my hearing and then put us in a room to
wait.  When she finally walked into the room with the results of the test, she
turned to my wife and simply said, "He doesn't hear you anymore."  My wife,
very upset that the audiologist had it all wrong, said, "He doesn't listen to
me anymore."  The audiologist responded with, "No, he doesn't hear you
anymore."  These volleys went back and forth a few times, and finally the
audiologist said, "Listen to me, he is deaf to the frequencies that carry
intelligence in your voice."  At that point, I simply couldn't hold it back and
said, "There isn't any intelligence in her voice!"
 Now BOTH women in the room were mad at me!

True story, honest.

Oh, yes, I now wear hearing aids (Costco right now).  Too many noisy airplane
cockpits in my younger years.  Today, pilots use high tech ear protection such
as noise cancelling headsets.  Must be nice!  For a while, Beach actually sold
a noise cancelling speaker systems for the cabins of King Air's.  Don't know if
they still offer that anymore.

Mark
KE6BB