From: Don Wilhelm
Sent: ‎August‎ ‎13‎, ‎2013 ‎9‎:‎49‎ ‎PM
To: Ariel Jacala
CC: elecraft reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] RS232 Connection on K2 Lost

Ariel,

Check to see if your K2 has sidetone - if it does not, the answer is
easy, your sidetone source is incorrect.
In case this is the problem, the solution is to enter the menu for ST L
and edit the parameter (hold EDIT), then tap DISPLAY until you hear
sidetone - the display should flash U4-8 briefly.
After that, check to see if you have communications with the PC.

If this is not the situation, ask again clarifying that it did not work,
and I can lead you through some detailed troubleshooting to determine if
your RS-232 communications is working or not.  Tell me whether you are
working with a KIO2 or with a KPA100.

73,
Don W3FPR