On 16 Aug 2013 at 11:58, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:

> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 09:32:57 -0500
> From: "Fred Smith" <m...@totalhighspeed.com>
> To: "'Doug Turnbull'" <turnb...@net1.ie>, "'Mike'"
>       <ve3...@hotmail.com>,   <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Just a thought
>
> Very well put and true.....except when it comes to cars then it has to be a
> Carol Shelby 2013 Mustang again all "AMERICAN MADE". But they were all sold
> before production even started, it was the highest HP engine ever produced
> in a production car in excess of 850 HP. If you had one of them you could
> trade for a dozen Porsche's and still have money left over. It was one of
> those cars that if you had to ask how much it was you couldn't afford it.
>
> Not like Elecraft radios and equipment where the highest performance is at
> the most reasonable cost of any.

I think Bugati Veyron owners might disagree with that, as they have some 987
BHP to play with, in road trim!

I don't want to think about the running costs, but if you have to ask, you
can't
afford it.

There were other US cars too, that were much more powerfull than the Mustang
or Cobra, with over 1000BHP, but not in production now AFIK, and I cant
remember the make or models.

And if it's power to weight ratio you want, google "Ariel Attom".  Scary...

73.

Dave G0WBX.