Hi all,

I'm currently on a trip and brought my KX3 and Buddistick with me.  I also
brought along my antenna analyzer.  As one does when relaxing.

The analyzer shows that the Buddistick is giving me <= 1.5:1 SWR across the
20m band, and I did a tuner memory clear (I'm using the beta firmware) and
fresh tune for 20m on the KX3.  It reports 1:1 after doing just a little
tuning up.  Receive sounds fantastic here in the middle of nowhere.

On transmit, however, the SWR meter on the KX3 is showing >=3:1.  The
signal seems to be getting out admirably; pskreporter.info shows I've been
picked up in Japan, Alaska and all the way to the east coast of the US.  If
I physically grab the shield of the antenna connector, the SWR meter drops
a little bit.  I wish I had brought my external SWR meter along with me for
comparison.

If I lower the power output to 0.3W, the SWR meter drops all its bars, but
when I increase it to 0.4W, it flickers a bit but goes up to >=3:1.

My question is this: could this be just an RF feedback issue due to the
relatively close proximity of the KX3 with the Buddistick?  The way the
coax routing worked out, I'm sitting only about 10-12 feet from the
antenna.

If so, aside from getting further away from the antenna somehow, are there
other suggestions of things that can be done in the field to work around or
mitigate the problem?

Thanks for any advice,

   Nick / N6OL

--
*N6OL*
Saying something doesn't make it true.  Belief in something doesn't make it