Holding the SENSOR and RANGE buttons simultaneously changes between peak-hold and average. You might also want to set the range to 200 since 'auto' may take a couple seconds to determine the correct range and 2KW would be too high for just 40 or 80 watts.

-Mike-
KI0HA

On 9/18/2013 9:05 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
It's also quite possible that your wattmeter is trying to display "average"
power output, in which case it takes a while to display the correct output.

Check the manual for that wattmeter and see what it says. Usually you have
the choice between "peak" (which you should be using) and "average".

73 Ron AC7AC

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bill Frantz
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:47 PM
To: Larry Royster
Cc: elacraft reflrvto 2
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] W2 PROBLEM

Have you checked the ALC setting? You should have 4 bars of ALC showing when
you transmit with the 5th bar flashing. You can use TX test mode to set the
ALC without going out on the air.

If you don't have the ALC set correctly, the K3 will start transmitting at
less than the power it is set at and slowly increase power as the power
measurement feedback corrects the output power.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV

On 9/18/13 at 2:37 PM, effectiveh...@bellsouth.net (Larry