I have just posted to my webpage a new program, "K2Keyboard" written by
yours truly. This program was developed as an add-in for K2Comm, also by
yours truly(also freeware), and will be included in the next release of
K2Comm.
        Being only 7 days younger than dirt, I have some coordination problems
with
aged fingers and sometimes the paddles just get away from me. I am, by
nature, a bit CW challenged anyway. I was using one of the more popular
keyboard programs and discovered that when running on my machine, the noise
level on 30M went up about 2 - 3 s-units. Ferrite chokes et al to no avail.
This program uses no timing loops and runs much, much quieter in my shack.
(This will tell your age: How many of you can recall loading a card deck
into a computer, placing a portable radio on the cabinet, and listening to a
tune emanating from the computer? I can hear it now, "What is a card deck?"
<G>).
        Of course, BandScope, K2Comm, and the BasicStamp DDS controller are
still
out there for the pickin'

        http://webpages.charter.net/w4atkontheweb

73's Jim W4ATK