Gary,

Contact k3supp...@elecraft.com before they go home for the weekend.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 9/27/2013 2:30 PM, Gary, W7TEA wrote:
Have been away from my K3(#5763)/P3 for a couple months.  Hooked it back up
yesterday and transmitted on a couple of bands to make sure it was working
and the SWR appropriate.  All was fine.  Today I turned it on and was
listening on the bands.  I responded to a CQ on CW and caught that the SWR
was high after sending two characters but immediately and without an error
message the rig died.  It won't turn back on.  The power supply is on, the
power cable is properly connected.  The wx was dry yesterday and today it's
blowing and raining so water may have gotten in one of the antenna traps.
That would explain the high SWR but I thought the rig would shut itself down
safely.  It is dead. No rx or tx.