For General Information -

I ran the KPA500 in the CQWW RTTY contest this weekend.  With a drive power
of 15 to 20W from the K3, I kept the KPA500 output between 350 and 400W
output.  Even during runs (calling CQ), the temperature never went above 65
degrees on the KAT500 meter. The cooling fan changed speeds as needed and
kept the amp with its tolerances. This was enough power to break pile ups
and get into Asia with no trouble.  The interface between the KAT500 and
KPA500 was seem less allowing me to quickly move between bands.  Although
not listed as a RTTY contesting amp, I was really impressed with the KPA500
performance.

Irwin - KD3TB