Benny,

The KPA500 is specified for 500 watts output for CW/SSB/Data modes, so no de-rating for RTTY is required. I recall during Field Test, K9YC was instructed to run an RTTY contest at 700 watts output just to 'see what happens' - the KPA500 survived nicely.

The fans are oversize and relatively quiet.

73,
Don W3FPR