Hi Dave,
If you want to check in with anyone in Oregon you may want to change the orientation of your antenna. You are at right angles to the main land or Asia with that wire the way it is now. There just aren't a lot of folks north and south of you. Accept geography and try another direction :)
   73,
        Kevin.  KD5ONS