Nicklas;

I've carried on my KX3 with NiMH batteries many, many times. Only once did they
ask what it was - swab it - and carry on. I travel with either an Elecraft BL-2
and some random wire or a G5RVjr -- never looked at twice in dozens of flights.
I have no data on a buddistick - apologies.

I will note that some international locations get VERY upset over HTs - they
likely ignore the KX3 because they do not identify it as a 'radio'. I had to
negotiate for over 30 minutes to get my VX-8R permitted on the plane in Malaga,
ES -- as the security people were adamant that no 'unlicensed, operational,
walkie-talkies' were permitted. ...

The HF gear has never raised any concern beyond the usual electronic device
scrutiny level. For reference, I fly around 100K miles per year and take an HT
and KX3 almost every time. I haven't had a lot of time to operate on trips, but
that's a separate problem.

Best,
Alan
K2ACK