Keep in mind that the article I sent you is a complete refurb that even
replaces the pass transistors.

I think googling around said the most likely culprit is a bad LM723, but
I didn't look too hard since my Astron was working fine before I decided
it made a nice footrest and bought a switching power supply. :)