/*KPA500 fold back on power output with the first dit or dah then it builds to what its set for.

Try changing the ALC THR settings in the menu of the AMP I changed some per band settings which stopped this from happening.
Default is 210
Some of my bands i use 129
Check page 10 of the manual

My K3 (was / is) over shooting power on the first dit or dah I would see power as high as 140 watts ...(it originally did this much but software change has it limited to 120 w now), power over shoot is only for an instant, this over shoot is causing the amp to shut down because of high power on the input while in operate mode, even though my full power is set at 100 watts and the drive power is set to 30w I would see for just an instant on a watt meter set for pep 140 w.

If you are using full qsk or vox this keeps happening resetting the AGC THR should help or fix the issue.

Could be a software code line needs to be tweaked in the K3 to stop this over shoot of power on the first dit or dah which was happening to my radio even though the power is set to 100 or 95 watts total, the over shoot still goes to full
power the finals are capable of.

Check the archives for the e-mails that talked to this issue, I'm not sure how far back it was but adjusting per band in my KPA500 Menu did the trick for my setup.

Regards
Art
ka9zap
*/