I use a K3 with a SPE 1K FA and it works great. I had a custom cable made that
interfaces between my MicroHam Microkeyer 2 and the amp for keying and it
interfaces through the Icom CIV with a special cable for band changing. So not
a traditional K3 to SPE 1K FA direct interface.  There is also a connection I
have for ALC from the K3.

I also recommend the Expertamp group on yahoo. There are two groups one for
general expert amps all models and one just for the 2K FA. You will find the
help there that you need.

Good luck!

Keith
AK6ZZ