From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Gary Hawkins
Sent: 03 November 2013 16:00
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] [KX3] KX3 with Alex Loop

First thanks to all those that responded to my request to see a KX3 - that
was achieved this weekend.

I'm looking to setup a light weight SOTA setup.  In addition to the KX3, I
also saw a mini-buddipole and while it seems to be well manufactured and
comes in a nice case it weighs about 2.5lbs, plus mast with either guys or
tripod.  An end-fez sloper would be extremely light but here in southern CA
our peaks are short on trees, thus requiring at least one telescoping pole.
This has led me to consider the Alex Loop - appears very light, fast to
setup, no need to get it more than 5ft of the ground.  Being a mag loop
should help with QRM at local urban QTH as well.

I'd love to hear from anyone using the Alex Loop with a KX3, and if you
tried other SOTA type antennas as well all the better.

Gary
KK6GXD