To: "Brian Stevens" <br...@stevens7455.freeserve.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 #7379 troubleshooting

Brian,
Do you have the K2 completely built? or have you only built it up to the point where you can receive 40 meters? I guess the point that you said you had trouble adjusting the 40 meter BPF made me think the 10 MHz oscillator might not work for you.

If you have it completely built, then the 10 MHz crystal will work. You must select the 30 meter band.

However, because you have a transmit problem, you should use the transmit signal tracing rather than receive - you will find the problem source more easily, and the K2 itself provides the signals require for signal tracing.

Again, stop at the first point where the RF is substantially lower than the expected value because you have found a failure point.

73,
Don W3FPR