I suspect that the 'crimped vs. soldered' thread will be shut down shortly, but
here are my professional observations:

SDI-HD video is one of the most critical applications of coax cable in my job.
We would *never* trust this signal to a soldered connector; they're all
crimped. Yes, this is a slightly different cable than what we normally use in
ham radio, but the extreme bandwidth of SDI-HD is a good test for any
termination system. In radio cables outdoor or in high-vibration environments I
will usually solder the centre pin of a crimp connector if a hole is provided
to do so. This step is optional, but gives me a good feeling.

I have a range of crimping tools available to me: costing $25 - $1000+. I would
trust all of them with cables and connectors intended for ham radio.

Soldering a PL-259 is something every ham should attempt at least once; sort of
a rite of passage. After that, purchase a crimp tool and don't look back.

--
Nathon Hall   VE7ETS
SOTA VE7 (British Columbia) Association Manager