> Subject: [Elecraft] Getting FLDIGI to Work. K3 XML file?
>
> I am using FLDIGI 3.21.77 and when I click on the configuration under FLDIGI,
> I can't seem to find the XML file for the K3. I need to copy the K3 XML file
> to the FLDIGI configuation.  When I do a search for Elecraft in my pc, the
> only thing that comes up is the K3 utility which is linked to the radio. I
> don't see any other files to click on. I am able to receive, transmit
> digital, and update my radio but I can't control the radio. Any help would
> be greatly appreciated.

Hi.

Unless you've indipendantely created or downloaded the K3 xml file, it wont
exist
on your system yet..  You have to go to the Fldig download page:-
http://www.w1hkj.com/download.html
and click on the 'xml archives' link, to get to it (and others.)

Then "Right Click", and save a copy of the file to the folder on your system
where
you want it, in the usual way.

Or...   Try using Flrig, as the radio interface to your K3, it generally works
whole lot better than the XML's, and you'll have more control too.  Plus you
can
use it indipendantly of Fldigi for other needs etc.

Flrig communicates with Fldigi, using the XmlRPC protocol.  You'll find that
under
the rig control tab in Fldigi's settings.  If you get a firewall/security
warning
about allowing it to use networking etc, allow it, as that's how those apps
communicate with each other.

ONLY have that enabled, check that the other methods have been/are disabled.

If you can't get that working, try using the K3 driver in the Hamlib library.
Again, use only one control method at a time.

However...  If anything misbehaves (filter selections etc) then at least with
the
XML file via CAT control methods, you can edit that file to suit your operating
practices.

See also the FldigiWiki pages:-
https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki   LOTS of help and info there.
Especially in regards to nailing down any USB/COM port assignments, so they
don't move about each time you connect or reboot the PC.

Assuming you're using Windows (you didn't say.)

73.

Dave G0WBX.