Thanks to all that responded to my K2 problem and thanks for the Tips
Sverre, LA3ZA.
I had done a simple tone adjustment and probably messed up the filters
because the
receive frequency shifts when filter 3 and 4 are selected. After that is
corrected I
 will re-visit the noise problem.

Thanks again Gary, Don, Sverre, and the K9 that responded.

See you in the QRP ARCI 160m 6 hour sprint Wed. evening (in the US).

73/  Jim  / W1FMR

*Message: 4Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 19:01:16 +0000From: Gary McKelvie
<gary.mckel...@btinternet.com <gary.mckel...@btinternet.com>>To:
elecraft@mailman.qth.net <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>Subject: Re: [Elecraft]
K2 Signal to Noise on 160m ?Message-ID:
<43498680-08c7-4f61-b779-0871815fa...@btinternet.com
<43498680-08c7-4f61-b779-0871815fa...@btinternet.com>>Content-Type:
text/plain;       charset=us-asciiThank you to Sverre for the link to a
very interesting and useful web page. 73 Gary G7USCSent from my iPhone> On
24 Nov 2013, at 20:56, "Sverre Holm (LA3ZA)" <la...@nrrl.no
<la...@nrrl.no>> wrote:>> You don't give so much information here about how
you did the sidetone pitch> adjustment, but it is easy to mess up things if
you do that without> adjusting filters also.>> See item 3 in the list of
'Elecraft K2 do's and don'ts'>
http://la3za.blogspot.no/2011/09/elecraft-k2-dos-and-donts.html
<http://la3za.blogspot.no/2011/09/elecraft-k2-dos-and-donts.html>>>>>
Jimithy66 wrote>> This a used K2 and I adjusted the STP (Sidetone Pitch)>>
to my liking and wonder if that messed something up>> or is the K2 noisy on
160m ?>*

*Sidetone frequency:* Don't be tempted to adjust the sidetone frequency if
you want it higher or lower in pitch (Menu, sidetone P menu). Many radios
allow this and the K2's menu gives the impression that it is
straightforward to do so. The flip side of the coin is that all the filter
settings (XFIL) and the audio filter (KAF2) also need to be readjusted,
otherwise the filters will not match the new sidetone.