Mike - NZ1MT wrote:

> Based on the K1 RF main board, KFL1-4, and KAT1 versions listed below
> I was wondering what other eprom revision updates and changes are
> available that I should implementing.
>
>K1 RF 2000 Rev D - MCU 1.09e

That's the latest version, AFAIK.  It's been unchanged since 2001.

>KFL1-4 Rev B 1.00 (blue trimmers)

That's the latest version, AFAIK.  It's been unchanged since 2001.

> KAT1 Rev C 1.20

There is at least one later version, rev. 1.30.  I upgraded from
rev. 1.10 about ten years ago, and noticed very little difference.

> The K1 power output is showing a solid 5W to a dummy load when
> OUT is set at P7.0. Not sure if the output could be increased
> or if the KAT1 power measurement should just be re-calibrated.

Whether or not any particular K1 will generate power levels much
above 5 watts depends:

1.  DC supply voltage needs to be around 14 vdc.
2.  All the filter board circuits must be peaked optimally.
3.  The KAT1 power detection must be properly adjusted.

Items 1 and 2 above are your first areas to check, since those
affect significantly the actual (as opposed to indiated) power
output.  Worry about the power indication accuracy afterwards.

Mike / KK5F