The problem comes with very small wire. I just acquired a YS-60 watt meter in a trade and it has wires that are too small for the 15A pins. My solution was solder.

For high power connections, over 30A if I remember correctly, the National Electric Code frowns on solder because they are concerned that a bad joint will have high resistance, heat up, and melt the solder. I keep this item in mind when I do high power connections.

Also, don't hesitate to use a magnifier to check that the connector is completely over the spring. I had a APP connector that exhibited the "doesn't stay connected" and "high resistance" behaviors. I wasn't until I used a magnifier that I could see it wasn't assembled correctly. A strong push with a small screwdriver fixed it.

As a note for RigRunner users, DXEngineering has low value ATC fuses in 1A, 2A, and 3A. Mine are on a slow freight coming to California.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV